From EVE History
Shocking news from GalNet this week; Arcane Technologies closes its doors. N00b Scriptor, ATUK CEO, announced that the corporation would be disbanded. In the light of recent achievements, the move did not only surprise outsiders as well as allies, it came as a complete surprise to the pilots of ATUK itself.
Noob script0r and his fellow directors took a moment of their time to both reminisce on the corporations' achievements and to explain the recent decision.
Arcane Technologies started as an industrial corporation under the name "New Birmingham Technologies" Because its members weren't suited for the industrial lifestyle, according to Mr. script0r, the Arcane Technologies corporation was formed. The new corporation quickly moved to Syndicate, in order to fight the then-infamous m0o corporation, alongside Oberon Inc. and the British Space Corporation. Later on, it joined the Curse Alliance, now defunct, with whom they would later go to war with. Curses downfall would later come "out of the blue", according to n00b script0r.
In its quest for power, the corporation is known to have visited practically every region in the cluster. It participated in many of the wars that shaped the history of the outer deep-space regions. It defended Delve, a region Techell Corp had bought from the m0o corporation, and helped assault the Fountain region countless times, helping their closest friends, the Band of brothers alliance, during the Great Northern War.
One of the more recent developments in the corporation's colourful history, the forming of The Five alliance came after ATUK's participation in the destruction of the Curse Alliance. It marked the southern regions before moving North again, by starting a war with the XETIC Federation, which resulted in the death of a former ally. The Ascendant Frontier alliance took their place. After a retreat from a war with the Red Alliance, ATUK and The Five participated in a number of campaigns in CONCORD controlled space against a number of the northern alliances, paying for a war declaration, before they moved on to conquer territories belonging to NBSI and the Phoenix alliance.
In short, to echo Pyrotesea, ATUK Director, Arcane Technologies have always sought to make an impact on the universe.
An effort that was not limited to lawless space but also impacted the empires themselves, with their involvement in the Crielere experiment, or their alignment with the Serpentis Corporation when the Molyneux , one of the Gallentean Titans, was stolen.
By closing down, then, it seems they will impact the political landscape once more. Allies as well as enemies have express their concern regarding the future actions and manoeuvres of The Five alliance who are losing a powerful cog in their organisation. The Five itself, after reaction with astonishment, are now discussing the issue internally and are considering their options. Whether the alliance will retain their name, or their place in the world, is one of the items on their agenda. Although member corporations of The Five don't yet know if they will be remaining in the alliance, they have all sworn their continuing commitment toward the territories they control.
ATUK members themselves are, understandable "sad, as anyone would be", to quote Manira, ATUK member. In light of ATUK's achievements, they understand their CEO's decision "go out while on top and let ATUK's story become a legend; preserving all the time spent by the members in the corporation".
A new opportunity has already presented itself as most of the ATUK Directorate is involved with the launch of a new corporation, Destructive Influence. They will welcome all former ATUK members into this new venture, an offer that was accepted by most, if not all of them.
Destructive Influence will be flying under the banner of the Band of Brothers, ending an era with the start of perhaps a new one.
1. Game goes gold and NBT is formed
2. Produciton sucks so we form ATUK to fight alongside BSC and Oberon inc in synidicate against m0o.
3. We are asked to join CA by Sinister
4. We leave CA due to a falling out over stations.
5. We join techell to help them defend delve against FA. (techell had recently purchased delve from m0o)
6. Delve thing turns out to be boring and CA invite us Back
7. We dont see eye to eye with the CA council when we start training pilots using Xetic as target practice.
8. We fall out with CA and side with SA. This imo is the turning point for CA.
9. A long time passes and CA finally contact us via SA to ask if we will allow them to disband and move corps out of curse.
10. We setle down to the quiet life enjoying our new stations in curse.
11. The GNW is raging and Evol ask if we want to come up and join bob alongside RKK at the time.
12. We move to BKG and start the killing, but by my own addmitence we were not top of our game at this point, we had become too used to the quiet life.
1) After CA is dead we find ourselves looking for more targets and it is decided that FIX/FA and the Newly Formed Imperium would be those targets
2) We for this part live in curse and just send small squads to Fountain, Delve, Querious and Outer Ring
3) We notice that FA can blob up quite well and would be a real challenge
4) After having some expeditionary missions there with small squads that would live there we decided on something bigger
5) we sent an invasion squad into fountain and after a few weeks had passed with constant pressure on their home systems corps started to leave and we had a large number boost with ex-supremacy members joining us such as Tholarim
6) At this point bob/shinra also moved into delve and period basis.
7) the blob that they had diminished to a point where we now up until about 3am completely owned fountain and could do as we please which really broke FA morale as they saw a lot of their members in Period Basis defending their own assets such as BIG and Xanadu
8) FA was basically nothing in Fountain now and the few that did log on refused to defend anymore and just stayed docked
9) Thus we left to seek out new targets and headed back to Curse with Shinra and formed the 
1) We rolled back into curse with our new allies most of which were once our enemies in CA, we were quite blood hungry and looking for new targets
2) When a Xetic member decided to kill one of Shinra's indys that was the catalsyt for a new war a war with Xetic
3) The war with xetic was short lived, after we rolled up into their space and took most of their stations they basically crumbled and only had a few corps such as CLS and DDC defending
4) Negotiations were opened and DDC&CLS left xetic and created ASCN which we set at + this basically killed xetic.
5) So with the xetic war lasting about 5 minutes we were bored so we did some mining/ went and attacked imperium for a bit/ patrolled curse
6) Then RAT. decided to attack us, RAT. is/was basically an alt corp of Red Alliance, the pvpers basically however we were napped with RA so this was seen as treachery
7) RA declared on us
8) We took almost all their stations, however they new sovreinty system was introduced
9) This meant RA could zerg rush with small towers just before downtime and claim sov @ 30mil per tower with no guns and when we say zerg rush we mean 50 small towers at almost every moon
10) After RA try to bore us we decided to head North for a training excursion after our week long mining op for dreads to venal and set up a pos in h-pa and fight PA which was fun
11) We return to the south to help protect our space with renewed vigour
12) We find RA are doing this zerg rush with pos's on a huge scale now with seemless infinite funds which is an impossible war to fight
13) We basically decide to give up our conquerable regions due to this exploit of game mechanics/lack of anythign to combat it
14) F-E/PA/NBSI/RA/SE/MC all now war dec us. We go to empire to fight, but our sights are set bigger the destruction of fe/pa/nbsi
1) After a while of empire warring we decided to move to Venal and live there and fight primarily PA
2) For a while they could blob, but as we gradually wore them down they almost disappeared apart from a few dedciated pvpers from e.g. romania renegades
3) PA seem hesitant to defend their space and would rather mine in bkg than do so
4) Our eyes set now to FE and we send daily squds to FE space and they start to feel it
5) FE and mostly Millenium come to H-PA29, setup a pos and fight us there, doing PA's job for them, do PA come to help? No.
6) After a while of this FE lose masses of ships yet keep coming, until we are approached and asked if they could have a temporary Nap to remove their assets from H-PA
7) We say yes aslong as you say clearly you will not assist PA/NBSI anymore, this happens
8) A few days after the nap finishes and we send an invasion squad to D7-ZAC, the FE home system and take the station one day later after putting all their pos into reinforced
9) FE put up a fight, however they are hurting and approach us again and we agree on terms and now becomes allies with the sole intent of killing PA/NBSI
10) After a week or so of r&r we head to BKG with huge force and put all their pos into reinforced and put our own up and take the station the next day rather like in d7-
11) This signs the end of PA and corps quickly leave
12) Our eyes turn to NBSI however as they see our eyes turn, they flee before we even do anything :)
13) Our members become rich in BKG and pvp protecting the area and helping FE out
14) G & IRON & RAZOR + Friends decide they want to kill us and FE and send a deja vu invasion squad to D7-ZAC setup 3 pos, but fe have 7
15) So far this was unsuccesful and they did not at any point get the station, but losing lots trying including capitals
16) this brings us to now and our announcement, we are going out at the top of our game, rather than just dwindlining like other corps
ATUK have always been at the heart of the EVE universe. As well as constant involvement in wars in the depths of low sec space, we have had an influence and effect on the events in EVEs rich story.
We have always looked to make an impact in the universe, and our efforts began during the infamous "Crielere event", where ATUK were the only corporation to send a whole battlefleet to the event, (normally filled with either sightseers, or lone pilots). We interdicted the station and sought to control the looting and pillaging that was going on.
Our long stay in PO4f of the Paradise constellation brought us into close contact with the Serpentis Corp, and we came to their aid decisively in the "Titan Event" when Salvador Sarpati stole a Gallente Titan. He was on a one way ticket to the scrapyard, before ATUK lead intervention and a 12 hour long battle which raged over 15 systems or more saved him, and allowed the deep space corporations to thumb their nose at the empire dwellers.
The trend of ATUK Co-operation with deep space 'entrepreneurs' has recently continued in D7, as Gurista representatives, knowing of our reputation for efficiency and ruthlessness cooperated to assault enemy held POS's in the system.